Friday 24 June 2011

La Forme

After three coffees & a diet coke, little sleep & lack of motivation/inspiration, I have had a moment of brilliance (thanks to the heater &  Ashantis 2002 album). I am sitting on my living room floor, the night before my last day of semester, my Transformation Piece Presentation, and my Lighting Presentation. Going back and reading the briefs (very good idea to read the actual brief with less than 12 hours until it's due), and have re-remembered that I have not yet named my creation. I say re-remembered because I remember and forget constantly. Can you tell I'm tired? 
So seeing as conceptually my chair was developed from the words malleable, extension and shape, the French word for Shape sprung to mind. So there you have it kids; my Transformational Piece is no longer just "My Chair". It's La Forme. (I'm listening to Google Translation pronounce it. What a pretty accent she has. Fake it 'till you make it!)

This is probably a good time to say "Thanks David, Mum & Dad". The driving, the gluing, the brain de-fuzzing, the fund providing... Couldn't have done it without you! Now to finish off this entirely corny post, let's get some pretty inspirational pictures for you...


 

And my fave.

I promise I won't post any more of these for awhile. Forgive me.

1 comment: