Tuesday 5 July 2011

Summer > Pattern > Morocco

Although I will always be fiercely loyal to Winter, I've found myself dreaming of Summer. It may be because I'm stuck in bed with a cold and because I had a beautiful dose of the Sun the other day, or it may be because this Winter started way too early! It also might have something to do with the European Summer that awaits me next year... I guess I should stick to enjoying Winter seeing as this will be my last one for a while!

Moving on, I keep finding myself being pulled towards lots of pattern. All sorts, all mixed up & thrown around to clash against each other. There is something so attractive about clashing; you know you're breaking the rules (good for the rebel inside of me), there is something wild and free about it and it's also reminiscent of days at the beach. You have to be super confident to pull this off, in Interiors & Fashion, so it's definitely something I admire when it's done right. I think I can pinpoint the day this attraction started - I was sitting in class one Friday afternoon and someone pulled out the April/May 2011 Belle.


Now aside from this being one of my favourite editions yet, it also featured the home of Architect Benedetta Tagliabue, an 18th Century former warehouse in Barcelona's Gothic Quarter as well as some AMAZING hotels in Morocco. 




What an amazing place to dine!!!







A Staircase to die for!!!




















And some more pretty pattern pictures that I've gathered...


















No comments:

Post a Comment