Saturday 2 July 2011

Take me to the South... or don't.

I have an obsession with the South. Southern USA, not the Shire. I love it. I say this without having been there but it sure looks nice on tv. Southern accents are amazing, especially on men. I kind of think I should maybe not ever go there so as not to ruin my idealistic view of it?









I just finished True Blood Season 3 (perfect timing for the release of Season 4!) and I loved every second of it. I'm not usually a fan of gore but it's just so outrageous and beautiful and... Southern.



I wish I had more photos to show you of the Kings Mansion! It is amazing! Try and blur out Sookie & Bill and focus on the surroundings..


Lucky Queen!





I wouldn't mind a short visit to Fantasia.


A Love Song for Bobby Long is another favourite of mine. I can't get enough of that movie, and again it's set in the South, New Orleans to be exact. I think it's the accent paired with the dysfunction. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that is the only thing that exists in the South but in these two particular movie/tv series, they are the most prevalent things. To me.





Anyway, basically the point of this post is just for me to babble on about how much I love the few things I've seen about the South. If you haven't seen either of these, watch. them. right. now. Although True Blood isn't for the faint hearted... however I did get my mum hooked on it in the end?

NB I've always had a sneaky politically incorrect fantasy that I would be born & raised in a small country town in the South and be  a waitress at the local Diner.

No comments:

Post a Comment